Thank you to the families who have completed the Walnut Square Feedback survey. Families, your feedback is important- the results of the survey are shared with Site Council, staff, and PTO to prioritize needs at Walnut Square. To complete the survey, please click here. Today is the last day to complete this survey. Thank you for your help!
As we prepare for next year, please let us know if your family is moving. This will help us prepare the necessary paperwork to help you register your child at a new school.
Book checkouts at the Walnut Square Library have stopped. We are collecting all books so they can be shelved. Please return all Walnut Square books to the library. Your help and support with this is greatly appreciated.
The warmer weather is here! Please remember to send your child to school with a water bottle. We have water bottle filling stations. We have been using over 100 cups a day and would like to conserve them! Thank you for your help with this!
In Walnut Square news this week, anchors Eden and Yaleezmar were hosts. Jace was our student who was interviewed! To view the broadcast, please click on this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iATBrWNuTGU&t=36s. Our next broadcast will be released on Monday, June 12th.
We are so excited for Field Day on Thursday, June 15th! To ensure all students have fun and are comfortable, sunblock, sneakers, hat/sunglasses, and a water bottle are the items your child will need! The PTO has purchased Walnut Square t-shirts for students and will pass them out to your child on Wednesday to wear to school for Field Day! Thank you to the parents who signed up to chaperone; please plan on arriving Thursday to Walnut Square at 1:15 to get your station assignment.
PTO is hosting a luau at Walnut Square on friday, June 16th from 6:00-8:00 pm. It is going to be so much fun with limbo, games, great snacks, and music! Please complete this RSVP for the PTO Luau on Friday, June 16th. Thank you! https://forms.gle/dF7sCGKNsdxL5Jcq7
The Haverhill Public Library is hosting its Summer Kick Off Party on Saturday, June 17th from 11:00 am-3:30 pm. They will have Sal’s Pizza truck, Rockabye Beats band, laser tag, face painting, lawn games, and summer reading sign ups. I hope you will be able to attend! I will be signing up for my summer reading necklace!
As with all family updates, this will be posted on our school website, https://walnutsquare.I-ps.org/ and sent to you via School Messenger and Remind. In addition to the Walnut Square School website, you can also “like” our Facebook page, Walnut Square Elementary School, and follow us on Instragram @walnutsquaresuperstars to get updates and see all of the fun and learning taking place at Walnut Square! Please contact me if you have any questions. Thank you for your continued partnership in your student’s learning.
Our PTO has been working hard to fundraise and support enrichment opportunities at Walnut Square! You can view information here: https://walnutsquare.haverhill-ps.org/pto/
Mark Your Calendar!
- Wednesday, May 17th: Walnut Square ABC Countdown Begins!
- Tuesday, June 6th: Spring Concert Rain Date 1:30 pm
- Thursday, June 15th: Field Day
- Friday, June 16th: Field Day Rain Date
- Friday, June 16th: Kindergarten Teddy Bear Promotion Picnic 10:15 am
- Friday, June 16th: PTO Luau 6-8 pm
- Saturday, June 17th: Haverhill Public Library Summer Kick Off Party 11:00-3:30 pm
- Monday, June 19th: Juneteenth- NO SCHOOL
- Wednesday, June 21st: PTO Luau 6-8 pm Rain Date
- Friday, June 23rd: Last Day of School- Early Dismissal for Students (Dismissal is at 11:35 am).
- Click here to view and register for Haverhill Public Library Events.
- The office of Title I and Community Outreach is excited to share with you the Summer 2023 Learning Opportunities for our students! Haverhill Public Schools, in collaboration with our community partners, provides a variety of interesting and robust Summer programs. Summer Learning Opportunities Website: https://www.haverhill-ps.org/2023-summer-extended-learning/
- The Covid Protection Act is ending and you may lose health care coverage with MassHealth if you do not follow the redetermination process. A flyer about this went home with students. If you have any questions about this, please contact our Family Engagement Nurse, Tiffany Bell. Here is her contact information: Phone: 978-420-1942 Fax: 978-274-1961 Email: email@example.com
Kindergarten registration has opened! Please click here to learn more and to register your child! HPS Registration is also hosting a Kindergarten information night on May 23rd at Pentucket Lake if you’re interested in learning more!