We are so excited about Teacher and Staff Appreciation Week next week! Thank you to all of the families who donated items and gift cards! Thank you to all of our families who attended the Music Bingo fundraiser- it was a success and we raised over $4,000!
The Covid Protection Act is ending and you may lose health care coverage with MassHealth if you do not follow the redetermination process. A flyer about this went home with students. If you have any questions about this, please contact our Family Engagement Nurse, Tiffany Bell. Here is her contact information: Phone: 978-420-1942 Fax: 978-274-1961 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are also excited our Alphabet Countdown is starting soon! Here are the links to view the calendar:
Field day is scheduled for Thursday, June 15th with a rain date of Friday, June 16th beginning at 1:15 pm until around 2:45 pm, and we’d like you to volunteer to help run the amazing stations Mr. Barnard has planned! If you’d like to volunteer, please sign up here. Please note that in order to volunteer, you must have a CORI on file. Please click here to view the flyer.
Families, your feedback is important, and I’d like to share the link to complete the Spring Family Feedback Survey. This is shared with Site Council and staff to prioritize needs at Walnut Square. Thank you for your help! To complete the survey, please click here.
In Walnut Square news this week, anchors Abigail, Jadeline, and Leah interviewed Cameron about Haverhill’s Earth Day Clean Up. We love that our Superstars go above and beyond to help make our community a better place! To view the broadcast, please click on this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc5tnwN4rO8&t=10s. Our next broadcast will be released on Monday, May 8th.
Kindergarten registration has opened! Please click here to learn more and to register your child! HPS Registration is also hosting a Kindergarten information night on May 23rd at Pentucket Lake if you’re interested in learning more!
The office of Title I and Community Outreach is excited to share with you the Summer 2023 Learning Opportunities for our students! Haverhill Public Schools, in collaboration with our community partners, provides a variety of interesting and robust Summer programs. Here is the website with all of the listings: https://www.haverhill-ps.org/2023-summer-extended-learning/
As with all family updates, this will be posted on our school website, https://walnutsquare.I-ps.org/ and sent to you via School Messenger and Remind. In addition to the Walnut Square School website, you can also “like” our Facebook page, Walnut Square Elementary School, and follow us on Instragram @walnutsquaresuperstars to get updates and see all of the fun and learning taking place at Walnut Square! Please contact me if you have any questions. Thank you for your continued partnership in your student’s learning.
Walnut Square Superstars continue to use iReady in their daily Reading and Math lessons. I wanted to take a moment to acknowledge the progress our students are making in i-Ready Personalized Instruction! This week, many students completed 30 or more minutes of Lesson Time-on-Task in either Reading or Mathematics! This is great progress toward our weekly goal of 30–49 minutes of Lesson Time-on-Task. Congratulations! Click here to see our iReady Rockstars! I would also like to congratulate students for working so hard on ST Math- Mrs. O’Leary’s class is winning the challenge, but it’s still anyone’s game!
Our PTO has been working hard to fundraise and support enrichment opportunities at Walnut Square! You can view information here: https://walnutsquare.haverhill-ps.org/pto/
Here are a few PTO updates:
- Congratulations to Evelyne Cascio, PTO’s new Vice President!
- Help Wanted! Please click on the link below to read the letter from the Walnut Square PTO about Teacher and Staff Appreciation Week celebrated May 8th-May 12th. Thank you!
Mark Your Calendar!
- Monday, May 8th-Friday, May 12th: Teacher and Staff Appreciation Week
- Friday, May 12th: PTO Fun Run *This event has been canceled.
- Wednesday, May 17th: Walnut Square ABC Countdown Begins!
- Monday, May 22nd: Visit from HPS Library
- Tuesday, May 23rd: Curious Creatures Visit Rooms 1 and 2
- Tuesday, May 23rd: Kindergarten Information Night at Pentucket Lake
- Wednesday, May 24th: Curious Creatures Visit Rooms 3 and 4
- Thursday, May 25th: Curious Creatures Visit Rooms 7 and 8
- Friday, May 26th: Curious Creatures Visit Rooms 5 and 6
- Friday, May 26th: Early Release for Students (Dismissal is at 11:35 am)
- Monday, May 29th: Memorial Day- NO SCHOOL
- Friday, June 2nd: Spring Concert 1:30 pm
- Tuesday, June 6th: Spring Concert Rain Date 1:30 pm
- Thursday, June 15th: Field Day
- Friday, June 16th: Field Day Rain Date
- Friday, June 16th: PTO Luau 6-8 pm
- Monday, June 19th: Juneteenth- NO SCHOOL
- Wednesday, June 21st: PTO Luau 6-8 pm Rain Date
- Friday, June 23rd: Last Day of School- Early Dismissal for Students (Dismissal is at 11:35 am).
HPS/Community Events: Click here to view and register for Haverhill Public Library Events.