Thank you all for such a great start to a new school year! We have had some recent concerns about playground incidents that are taking place after school is dismissed. When school is dismissed at 3:15pm there is no longer adult supervision on the playground, although some families stay after school to play. I am sending the Walnut Square expectations for all that choose to stay.
- There should be an adult with students who remain to stay in our playground.
- Hands and feet are kept to yourself at all times.
- Students are to use the playscape equipment appropriately. Some examples are:
- We slide down the slide, we do not walk or climb up the slide.
- We use the bars to hang with arms only. Please do not flip, hang from your knees, or climb on top of the bars.
- Wood chips remain on the playscape. Please do not throw them around.
- If there is conflict, students can problem solve by doing a “do over” or by playing “Rocks-Paper-Scissors” to resolve the conflict.
- Use only the playground. We do not use the school as play equipment. For example, please do not climb the walls (especially on the Main St. side as that is a deep drop) or use the stairs for playing.
Thank you for your help and support with this!