I can’t believe that our last week of school is here! We continue to learn and have fun as the school year ends and we transition to summer. Field Day was an incredible success thanks to everyone who helped. Thank you to Mr. Barnard for planning an amazing Field Day, and thank you to Mrs. MacRae for organizing and getting the supplies ordered and ready to go. Thank you to the parent volunteers who ran the stations. Thank you to the PTO for purchasing t-shirts for everyone, and thank you to our amazing staff who helped and supported- it truly takes a village for an event like that to happen! So many students told me it was the best day ever, and the smiles, laughter, and joy they experienced will be a memory they will always have. THANK YOU!
We have many activities planned as we complete assessments and celebrate growth and learning! We have many updates for families to know this week:
- Our last day of school is Wednesday, June 15th. It is a half day, and dismissal is at 11:35 am.
- Book checkouts at the Walnut Square Library have stopped. We are collecting all books so they can be shelved. Please return all Walnut Square books to the library. Your help and support with this is greatly appreciated.
- All students will take their chromebooks home with them this summer. Students will be able to access our learning apps over the summer.
- Summer Reading Lists: https://www.haverhill-ps.org/summer-reading-lists-literacy-resources/
- There will be a grade 2 promotion ceremony scheduled for Monday, June 13th at 9:30 am, and students will enjoy a luau in the afternoon. The rain date is Tuesday, June 14th. Families are invited to the ceremony at 9:30 am. We will have folding chairs set up, but please feel free to bring your own lawn chairs as we may not have enough chairs for everyone.
- As we prepare for next year, please let us know if your family is moving. This will help us prepare the necessary paperwork to help you register your child at a new school.
- The HPS 2022-2023 School Calendar has been approved. It is available on the HPS website here: https://www.haverhill-ps.org/district-calendar/.
- Your feedback is appreciated. Please click here to complete a brief survey.
As the year winds down, there are many end of year events planned, and all are included in the “Mark Your Calendar” section below. For the last 26 days of school, Walnut Square has an Alphabet Calendar Countdown!
HPS Registration is OPEN! Kindergarten Registration for 2022-2023 opened on February 1st and families are welcome to begin completing the registration applications for enrollment.
This school year has been a year full of learning and growth, especially for me! It has been an honor and privilege to serve as the principal of Walnut Square School. During the summer, I will keep in touch, and please check https://walnutsquare.haverhill-ps.org/. In addition to the Walnut Square School website, you can also “like” our Facebook page, Walnut Square Elementary School, and follow us on Instragram @walnutsquaresuperstars to get updates during the summer months. Have a wonderful summer!
Jen Rubera, Principal
Mark Your Calendar!
- Monday, June 13th: Grade 2 Promotion Ceremony 9:30 am and Luau (afternoon)
- Wednesday, June 15th: Last day of school (HALF DAY Dismissal is at 11:35 am)
HPS and Community Updates:
- HPS Registration is OPEN! Kindergarten Registration for 2022-2023 opened on February 1st and families are welcome to begin completing the registration applications for enrollment.
- Saturday, July 16: Back to school outreach/Block Party with Riverside Church and The Merrimack Valley Dream Center. More details to come!
Please send your child to school with the following supplies:
- Water bottle (to refill at our water bottle station)
- Extra change of clothes (can be kept in backpack)