This is our last full week of school! We have many activities planned as we complete assessments and celebrate growth and learning! We have many updates for families to know this week:
- The PTO purchased t-shirts for all students to wear on Field Day scheduled for Thursday, June 9th. They will be passed out to students this week.
- Book checkouts at the Walnut Square Library have stopped. We are collecting all books so they can be shelved. Please return all Walnut Square books to the library. Your help and support with this is greatly appreciated.
- Second grade students will take their chromebooks home with them this summer.
- Summer Reading Lists: https://www.haverhill-ps.org/summer-reading-lists-literacy-resources/
- There will be a grade 2 promotion ceremony scheduled for Monday, June 13th at 9:30 am, and students will enjoy a luau in the afternoon. The rain date is Tuesday, June 14th. Families are invited to the ceremony at 9:30 am. We will have folding chairs set up, but please feel free to bring your own lawn chairs as we may not have enough chairs for everyone.
- As we prepare for next year, please let us know if your family is moving. This will help us prepare the necessary paperwork to help you register your child at a new school.
- Parent Pick Up: Thank you for parking on the North Ave. side of the side. The Main St. side has been open to the buses, and the traffic was safe. Your support is appreciated!
As the year winds down, there are many end of year events planned, and all are included in the “Mark Your Calendar” section below. For the last 26 days of school, Walnut Square has an Alphabet Calendar Countdown!
For other resources and information about Walnut Square, please go to https://walnutsquare.haverhill-ps.org/. In addition to the Walnut Square School website, you can also “like” our Facebook page, Walnut Square Elementary School, and follow us on Instragram @walnutsquaresuperstars to get updates and see all of the fun and learning that happens at Walnut Square!
Jen Rubera, Principal
Here are other updates for the week:
iReady Diagnostic Assessment Schedule:
- Monday, 6/6: Mrs. O’Leary
Makeups: June 6-10th
Mark Your Calendar!
- Tuesday, May 10th: Walnut Square Alphabet Calendar Begins
- Thursday, June 9th: Field Day (1:30 pm)
- Monday, June 13th: Grade 2 Promotion Ceremony 9:30 am and Luau (afternoon)
HPS and Community Updates:
- HPS Registration is OPEN! Kindergarten Registration for 2022-2023 opened on February 1st and families are welcome to begin completing the registration applications for enrollment.
- Saturday, July 16: Back to school outreach/Block Party with Riverside Church and The Merrimack Valley Dream Center. More details to come!
Please send your child to school with the following supplies:
- Water bottle (to refill at our water bottle station)
- Extra change of clothes (can be kept in backpack)