I hope you enjoyed the beautiful weekend! Teacher and Staff Appreciation Week is this week, and the PTO would like to celebrate the staff at Walnut Square and thank them for their hard work and dedication!
The PTO needs your help and hope you are able to participate in the activities we have planned. They would also appreciate the following donations: chocolate (various kinds) and gift cards to various places/stores, and small gifts. We plan to have a staff raffle for staff to win the donated gift cards/gifts. If you are able to donate, please donate by Tuesday, May 3rd. Thank you so much for helping to make this week amazing for the staff!
- Monday, May 2nd : “Donut: forget that you are awesome!
- PTO will serve coffee and doughnuts for staff in the morning.
- Tuesday, May 3rd : Teachers are Noteworthy!
- Write your teacher a note and bring it to school.
- Write a message in chalk for your teacher on the pavement at Walnut Square (chalk will be outside on the steps on Monday after school).
- Write a nice email to your teacher.
- Wednesday, May 4th : Lunch for our Teachers!
- PTO will be hosting a lunch for the staff during their lunch time.
- Thursday, May 5th: My Teacher’s a Treat!
- We would like to have a chocolate bar of different chocolate treats for staff. If you are interested in donating, please send in a bag of chocolates or other chocolate treats to school by Tuesday, May 3rd.
- Friday, May 6th: Friday: Fun Fruit Cup Friday!
- PTO will be serving fruit and yogurt to the staff on Friday morning.
Walnut Square will be hosting its final Title 1 Family Night of the school year! We hope you’ll join us for a fun fairy tale night! Here is the flier: Flier in English, Spanish, and Portuguese
For other resources and information about Walnut Square, please go to https://walnutsquare.haverhill-ps.org/. In addition to the Walnut Square School website, you can also “like” our Facebook page, Walnut Square Elementary School, and follow us on Instragram @walnutsquaresuperstars to get updates and see all of the fun and learning that happens at Walnut Square.
Jen Rubera, Principal
Here are other updates for the week:
Mark Your Calendar!
- Tuesday, May 10th: Walnut Square Alphabet Calendar Begins
- Tuesday, May 17th: Title 1 Fairy Tale Night Flier in English, Spanish, and Portuguese
- Thursday, May 26th: Memorial Day Concert 2 pm
- Friday, May 27th: Early Release Day (Dismissal is11:35 am)
- Monday, May 30th: Memorial Day NO SCHOOL
- Tuesday, May 31st: PTO Meeting 3:20 pm
HPS and Community Updates:
- HPS Registration is OPEN! Kindergarten Registration for 2022-2023 opened on February 1st and families are welcome to begin completing the registration applications for enrollment.
- Tuesday April 26 3:30pm-5:30pm: Community Action’s New Kindergarten Transition Program and HPS Registration are hosting a Kindergarten Registration Night at their Fox Center 75 Elm Street, Haverhill.
- Friday, April 29 at 12:15pm: Family & Community Connection and Haverhill Public Schools will be putting together a Free outdoor Kinder Pop-Up at Riverside Park, Haverhill. Families can bring the kids to enjoy a story walk, fun crafts and get information about kindergarten registration.
- Saturday, July 16: Back to school outreach/Block Party with Riverside Church and The Merrimack Valley Dream Center. More details to come
Please send your child to school with the following supplies:
- Water bottle (to refill at our water bottle station)
- Extra change of clothes (can be kept in backpack)