Happy April! April is Autism Acceptance Month, a time for acceptance and celebration of neurodiversity. To learn more please click on the Flier link created by our Behavior Analyst, Melissa McCarthy.
On Thursday, Walnut Square and Pentucket Lake families participated in a nature walk around the Pentucket Lake Trail. We had so much fun exploring nature together! Please click here to watch a video. If you attended and took pictures, please email them to email@example.com so they can be included in the slideshow. If you didn’t attend and would like some resources to explore nature with your families, please click here for the family packet. Thank you to all who participated, and we hope that you’ll enjoy many nature walks with your family around Lake Pentucket this spring and summer!
We had a PTO meeting on Tuesday. The meeting minutes can be found on the PTO page on the Walnut Square School website. Our next meeting will be Tuesday, April 26th at 3:20 pm. We hope the change in time will be more convenient for families to attend!
HPS Registration is OPEN! Kindergarten Registration for 2022-2023 opened on February 1st and families are welcome to begin completing the registration applications for enrollment. The next Kindergarten session will be Wednesday, April 13 6pm-7:30pm at Bradford Elementary School. Please click on the link to view the flier in English or in Spanish.
There is going to be a final meeting for Rebuild Consentino scheduled for April 13th. Please click here to view the flier.
As the weather gets warmer, absences spike in the weeks before and after the April spring break as families squeeze in a few more days off. We know that just a few missed days here and there, even if they’re excused absences, can add up to too much lost instructional time. This is as true in kindergarten as it is in high school: too many absences can affect a student’s chances for academic success and for graduation.
Right up until break starts and on the first day back, our teachers will be teaching, and our students will be learning. You can help us convey that message. This spring season, give your children the gift of reaching for their hopes and dreams and the habit of school attendance.
- If your family or your child need support, please call us at (978) 374-3471 for help.
- As long as your child is healthy, please encourage showing up to class when school is in session. Every day of school is an important opportunity for students to learn as well as connect to peers and their teachers.
For other resources and information about Walnut Square, please go to https://walnutsquare.haverhill-ps.org/. In addition to the Walnut Square School website, you can also “like” our Facebook page, Walnut Square Elementary School, and follow us on Instragram @walnutsquaresuperstars to get updates and see all of the fun and learning that happens at Walnut Square.
Jen Rubera, Principal
Here are other updates for the week:
Mark Your Calendar!
- Wednesday, April 13th 6pm-7:30pm at Bradford Elementary Kindergarten Information Session
- Wednesday, April 13th: Rebuild Consentino Meeting 6:00 pm English; 7:00 pm Spanish
- Friday, April 15th: NO SCHOOL Please click here to view the flier.
- Monday, April 18th-Friday, April 22nd: NO SCHOOL Spring Vacation
- Tuesday, April 26th: PTO Meeting after school at 3:20 pm.
- Thursday, April 28th: Site Council 4:30 pm in person at Walnut Square
- Friday, April 29th: K-8 Progress Reports Issued 3rd Trimester
HPS and Community Updates:
- HPS Registration is OPEN! Kindergarten Registration for 2022-2023 opened on February 1st and families are welcome to begin completing the registration applications for enrollment.
Please send your child to school with the following supplies:
- Water bottle (to refill at our water bottle station)
- Extra change of clothes (can be kept in backpack)