I hope the weather for the long weekend is as nice as the weather we’ve been having during the week! Thank you all for your patience and flexibility as we continue to safely get our students to and from school everyday. Main St. construction is completed and looks great! Once North Ave. is completed, we will return to buses only on Main St. and Parent Drop Off/Pick Up on North Ave.
Since Monday is a holiday, there is no school. For all updates and resources about Walnut Square, please visit our website: https://walnutsquare.haverhill-ps.org/. You can also “like” our Facebook page, Walnut Square Elementary School and follow us on Instragram @walnutsquaresuperstars.
Mark Your Calendar!
- September 15th-October 15th National Hispanic American Heritage Month
- Monday, October 11th: NO SCHOOL – Holiday
- Tuesday, October 12th: K-8 Progress Reports Issued
- Thursday, October 14th: K-8 Parent/Teacher Conferences 4:00-5:30 pm
- Thursday, October 14th: PTO Restaurant Fundraiser at Uno’s
- Saturday, October 16th and Sunday, October 17th: Pumpkin Fundraiser at Chris’s Farmstand (436 Salem St. in Bradford)
- Tuesday, October 19th: Title 1 Night: Math with Playing Cards and Dice
- Wednesday, October 27th: Early Release (Dismissal is 11:35 am)
October is Towel Doo-Wop Month for Emmaus House!
For the month of October, Walnut Square is collecting towels, washcloths, and paper towels to donate to the Emmaus House. If you would like to donate, please send it with your child to school. We will also have a bin inside the main office. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Progress Reports: Progress Reports will be sent home on Tuesday, October 12th with your child.
Parent/Teacher Conferences: Virtual Parent/Teacher Conferences are scheduled for Thursday, October 14th from 4:00-5:30 pm. Teachers will contact you with scheduling information. If you have any questions, please contact your child’s teacher(s).
Walnut Square Family Survey : Your feedback is very important to us as we work to improve our school. Please click here to complete the survey if you haven’t completed it yet. Thank you!
Tuesday, October 19th: Title 1 Night: Math with Playing Cards and Dice
Come join us for an outdoor event to learn games and way to help your child learn math while playing games with cards and dice. If there is inclement weather, the event will be held virtually. The flyer went home on Friday. We hope you can join us!
It is very helpful if families send the following to school with their children:
- Water bottle (we have a water bottle filling station)
- Masks (and some extra masks)
- Change of clothes (just in case)
Enjoy the long weekend, and I look forward to seeing you all on Monday. Take care!