We did it! We made it to the last day of school! Today is a half day, and dismissal is at 11:35 am. All students will be going home with their chromebooks and chargers so they can access the learning apps on ClassLink. Here are the last updates for the 2021-2022 school year:
- A copy of your child’s report card is being sent home today. The final copy of the report card will be posted to the parent portal tomorrow which will include trimester 3 attendance. The grades on the report card you receive today are accurate. To access the copy, please go this link: https://haverhill.schoolbrains.com/comm/. Directions to help you are included on this page.
- A copy of the summer reading lists will be going home with your children. You can also find the summer reading lists here: https://www.haverhill-ps.org/summer-reading-lists-literacy-resources/
- Please complete a brief survey about Walnut Square by clicking here: https://forms.gle/Q3nyUhNCGvTUTkySA. This survey will help the Site Council make decisions about our School Improvement Plan. Your feedback is very important and appreciated!
- As we prepare for next year, please let us know if your family is moving. This will help us prepare the necessary paperwork to help you register your child at a new school.
- The HPS 2022-2023 School Calendar has been approved. It is available on the HPS website here: https://www.haverhill-ps.org/district-calendar/.
- Beginning June 21, anyone age 18 and under can receive free lunch at locations across Haverhill through this year’s Summer Meals program. Sites include Plug’s Pond, Swasey Field, YMCA, Haverhill High, and Hunking School. Please visit https://www.haverhill-ps.org/food-services/ for more details. No registration, documentation, or ID will be necessary for children to receive these free meals.
This school year has been a year full of learning and growth, especially for me! It has been an honor and privilege to serve as the principal of Walnut Square School. During the summer, I will keep in touch, and please check https://walnutsquare.haverhill-ps.org/. In addition to the Walnut Square School website, you can also “like” our Facebook page, Walnut Square Elementary School, and follow us on Instragram @walnutsquaresuperstars to get updates during the summer months. Have a wonderful summer!
Jen Rubera, Principal
HPS and Community Updates:
- HPS Registration is OPEN! Kindergarten Registration for 2022-2023 opened on February 1st and families are welcome to begin completing the registration applications for enrollment.
- Saturday, July 16: Back to school outreach/Block Party with Riverside Church and The Merrimack Valley Dream Center. More details to come!