“For there is always light, if we’re only brave enough to see it, if only we’re brave enough to be it.” –Amanda Gorman
Mark Twain was right when he said, “If you don’t like the weather in New England now, just wait a few minutes.” From sun to snow, the weather has changed so much day to day this past week! Thank you for making sure your children have appropriate clothes for outdoor play during recess. This week, our nurses began health screenings for students. The screenings include hearing and vision as well as height and weight. More information about this can be found by clicking here.
HPS Registration is OPEN! Kindergarten Registration for 2022-2023 opened on February 1st and families are welcome to begin completing the registration applications for enrollment. There will be two in-person Kindergarten information sessions:
- Tuesday, March 29 6pm-7:30pm at Haverhill Public Library
- Wednesday, April 13 6pm-7:30pm at Bradford Elementary
Haverhill Public Schools has partnered with McLean Hospital to provide two virtual parent workshops this year. The English workshop was held on Friday March 11th from 12-1:30pm. The event will also be translated in Spanish and presented virtually on Friday March 25th from 12-1:30pm. This workshop is called Raising a Resilient Child and will provide families with ready-to-use strategies to help their children approach difficult challenges in life. If you are unable to attend, the workshops will be recorded and made available at a later date. More information can be found by clicking on the links: English and Espanol
For other resources and information about Walnut Square, please go to https://walnutsquare.haverhill-ps.org/. In addition to the Walnut Square School website, you can also “like” our Facebook page, Walnut Square Elementary School, and follow us on Instragram @walnutsquaresuperstars to get updates and see all of the fun and learning that happens at Walnut Square.
Jen Rubera, Principal
Here are other updates for the week:
Mark Your Calendar!
- Friday, March 11th: Read-a-thon Fundraiser Due (if you forgot, please bring asap)
- Wednesday, March 16h: Early Release Day (Dismissal is 11:35 am)
- Friday, March 18th: K-8 Report Cards Issued
- Tuesday, March 29th: PTO Meeting 6 pm
HPS and Community Updates:
- HPS Registration is OPEN! Kindergarten Registration for 2022-2023 opened on February 1st and families are welcome to begin completing the registration applications for enrollment.
Please send your child to school with the following supplies:
- Water bottle (to refill at our water bottle station)
- Extra change of clothes (can be kept in backpack)