Walnut Square Elementary School
Welcome to the Walnut Square Elementary School website!
PTO Minutes from March 7, 2017
Walnut Square School PTO Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, March 7, 2017 3:30pm
Attendees: Stacey Dame, Corinne Cooper, Keryn Smith, Principal Mrs. Gray, and Head Teacher Judy Reilly.
Treasurer Report: The PTO Treasury currently has a balance of $3,000.00
- Restaurant Night Fundraiser – The Romano’s fundraiser raised $350.00 for the PTO.
Box Tops – The PTO can expect a semi-annual check from Box Tops in April for $386.00.
- Little Hands Big Hearts – Walnut Square students brought in items to donate to the Haverhill Animal Control during the months of January and February. A representative from Animal Control will be visiting the students to discuss their job duties within the city.
- Walnut Square has been given 60 Chromebooks. The PTO has been asked to buy fun, educational software for the Chromebooks.
- In House Field Trip – Sheryl Faye will be visiting Walnut Square on Thursday, March 9th to perform as Helen Keller.
- A Romano’s or Lucky’s dinner night fundraiser was discussed for March and April.
- Scheduling fundraisers during the week of April Vacation was discussed. Several ideas that were mentioned were Laser Craze, Chuck E Cheese, Launch and UNO’s.
- Spaghetti Dinner – The Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser will be held on Wednesday, April 5th from 5-8. There will be food, a DJ, and basket raffles.
- Spring Fundraiser – The PTO will be holding a Calendar Fundraiser during the month of May.
- The Spring BOGO Book Fair will be held at Walnut Square May 8th-12th.
- Field Trips – Walnut Square students will be attending a field trip in June to the Ecotarium in Worchester. The date is TBD.
Open Forum: No new discussion topics or questions
Our next meeting will be Tuesday, April 4th at 3:30.
News for April 2017
4th – PTO – 3:30 PM
5th – PTO Pasta Supper – 5 to 8 PM – AMVets, Primrose Street
6th – Class Pictures
10th – Change in Encore subjects (Please refer to the calendar)
12th – Site Council – 8:15 AM
14th – Good Friday – No School
17th – 21st – Spring Recess – No School
24th – School Reopens
27th – Progress Reports – 3rd Trimester
Enjoy reading with your child!
Parent Teacher Conferences
Parent Teacher conferences will be held on Thursday, March 23rd, from 4:00 PM until 5:30 PM.
Important Message from the Principal
Dear Parent/ Guardian,
Progress reports will not be going home on January 19th. Report cards were sent home on 12/9/16, parent teacher conferences were held 12/14/16 and Winter vacation (12/26-12/30), not sufficient instructional days passed to issue a meaningful progress report. If there is a concern regarding particular students, teachers will be in touch.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions in this regard. Thank you.
January 2017 News
January 3 – School Reopens
January 10 – PTO – 3:30 PM
January 16 – Martin Luther King’s Birthday
January 19 – Progress Reports Issued – 2nd Trimester
January 27 – Early Release – 11:35 AM Dismissal
Events for December 2016
December 9 – Report Cards issued
December 14 – Parent-Teacher Conferences
December 20 – Holiday Concert -(New Life Christian Academy) – 9:30 am
December 21 – Site Council
December 22 – Polar Express & Pajama Day
December 23 – Early Release – 11:35 am Dismissal
The Walnut Square Staff wants to wish the students and their families Happy Holidays!
School reopens on Tuesday, January 3, 2017.
Information for November
Nov. 14 to 18th – Book Fair
Nov. 21 – Gr. 2 Field Trip to Strawbery Bank
Nov. 23 – Early Release- Thanksgiving Recess- 11:35 AM
Nov. 28 – School reopens
Nov. 29 – Marks Close (1st Trimester)