Walnut Square Elementary School
PTO Minutes from March 7, 2017
Walnut Square School PTO Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, March 7, 2017 3:30pm
Attendees: Stacey Dame, Corinne Cooper, Keryn Smith, Principal Mrs. Gray, and Head Teacher Judy Reilly.
Treasurer Report: The PTO Treasury currently has a balance of $3,000.00
- Restaurant Night Fundraiser – The Romano’s fundraiser raised $350.00 for the PTO.
Box Tops – The PTO can expect a semi-annual check from Box Tops in April for $386.00.
- Little Hands Big Hearts – Walnut Square students brought in items to donate to the Haverhill Animal Control during the months of January and February. A representative from Animal Control will be visiting the students to discuss their job duties within the city.
- Walnut Square has been given 60 Chromebooks. The PTO has been asked to buy fun, educational software for the Chromebooks.
- In House Field Trip – Sheryl Faye will be visiting Walnut Square on Thursday, March 9th to perform as Helen Keller.
- A Romano’s or Lucky’s dinner night fundraiser was discussed for March and April.
- Scheduling fundraisers during the week of April Vacation was discussed. Several ideas that were mentioned were Laser Craze, Chuck E Cheese, Launch and UNO’s.
- Spaghetti Dinner – The Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser will be held on Wednesday, April 5th from 5-8. There will be food, a DJ, and basket raffles.
- Spring Fundraiser – The PTO will be holding a Calendar Fundraiser during the month of May.
- The Spring BOGO Book Fair will be held at Walnut Square May 8th-12th.
- Field Trips – Walnut Square students will be attending a field trip in June to the Ecotarium in Worchester. The date is TBD.
Open Forum: No new discussion topics or questions
Our next meeting will be Tuesday, April 4th at 3:30.